Your confidence level is directly related to your feelings of well-being, acceptance of your body and mind (self-esteem) and BELIEF in your own ability, experience and skills.
Here are a few ways that I’ve found help me improve my confidence, perhaps they’ll help you?
* Plan and prepare – at this stage in the game, we are not newbies to this thing called life. You know what is expected of you and you know what you expect from yourself. Take some time to do the things that need to get done. Even the small things like organize your desk or clean your car – they all build confidence.
* Learning & Research – Read some personal development books or do like I do and listen to them on Audible! I am constantly bombarding my subconscious mind with new concepts and ideas. I’m currently listening to “Mindset – The New Psychology of Success” by Carol Dweck. It’s a winner!! I highly recommend it.
* Positive thoughts – “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” Helen Keller
SURROUND yourself with positive people, music, shows and experiences.
Don’t think for a minute that you can live a positive life with a negative mindset and surroundings, that’s a recipe for failure (the frustrating kind) believe me, I know.
Sometimes you will have to change the people you surround yourself with and your daily practices in order to create change and build your confidence. Don’t focus on that, build the momentum and confidence and let life adjust.
* Talk to others – not just anyone though, people who want you to succeed, people who are making positive change in their life. Join them in their journey and you’ll be glad you did. If someone tries to dull your enthusiasm, don’t share with them… that’s so important. People are fearful of change and will try to convince you that your confidence is arrogance and the two are totally different.
Even quicker tips:
1. Wear your favorite perfume – don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special!
2. Dress to impress (Yourself) – again don’t save things for a special time, wear the dress or that fancy shirt you’ve been dying to put on.
3. Get your sweat on – for real, working out is a HUGE confidence booster and no excuses, walking is a workout!
4. Make a list of the things you want to get done then start chipping away. You’ll erode your own self confidence if you keep putting things off until tomorrow.
5. SMILE, shoulders back and chin up – you are beautifully made.
I hope that at least one of these tips helps you gain the confidence that you’ve been striving for.
Thank you for your love and support.