The truth is our opinions and ideas are what make us each unique and AMAZING!!
When I think back to how many people told me I couldn’t:
* get out of debt
* lose weight
* buy a home
* get my MBA while working full time
and the list goes on…
….it really just pisses me off! What was I thinking?! In all honesty, I don’t think I was.
Who were they to tell me what I could do or couldn’t do? Who was I to listen? (Gut punch…)
I feel like a lot of people do this so I started a quick list of ways to help us reclaim OUR decisions and lives!
I wanted to share some actions steps with you that will allow you to start to make progress on your goals no matter how big or small they are.
1. Decide you are ready to try a new way of living your life. It is a different mind-set that will set you free.
2. Realize that this decision is up to you. It’s all on you! That is EXCITING, not scary when you have the right tools and support system – I promise you that!
3. Read some great books (or audio tapes) —by Les Brown, Eric Thomas, Jen Sincero or Louise Hay to name a few of my favorites.
4. Pick one thing and decide you’re going to respond differently—for example, when someone shares their opinion with you, just thank them and move along. They are speaking about their reality not yours. Don’t fight over opinions – no one wins that battle!
5. Imagine a STOP sign and it’s shape, color, text, where it is on the street, is the pole rusty? Are there flowers near it? – consciously make a decision to stop thoughts that don’t serve you. Just because you have the thought, it doesn’t mean you have to dwell on it and make it your reality. “Thoughts become things.”
6. Take an action step, however small or inconsequential it may seem to you. It’s those “baby steps” that make all the difference.
7. Empower yourself with “I can” and “I will” statements. “I can give this talk.” “I will write this paper.” “I can lose this weight”. “I will pay off my debt.” – you’ll be surprised at how much of a difference a few positive thoughts will make in your world.
8. Adopt the attitude, “change begins with me.” The quote that I gave for my High School year book (yes, I still remember it) was, “Be the change you wish to see in the world” – it ALL starts with you!
9. Step outside your comfort zone! Try a different behavior or response to a familiar scenario. If you’re always missing your workout because of running late in the morning, do things that help you get to it the night before. i.e. set out your clothes, prepare your lunch, get yourself prepared to succeed – it’ll be worth the time and leave you feeling empowered and ready to rock the rest of your day.
Till next week, take care of you!!